Bellevue, Wash.—June 24, 2021—In celebration of Pokémon’s 25th anniversary, The Pokémon Company International announced the highly-anticipated Pokémon Trading Card Game: Celebrations collection, which will showcase beloved characters from the Pokémon franchise, as well as popular card artwork and gameplay mechanics spanning the history of the Pokémon TCG. With nine different products, Celebrations will have something for everyone when the expansion launches starting on Oct. 8, 2021, at participating retailers around the world.
“The Pokémon Trading Card Game has always been an iconic pillar of the Pokémon brand, and it’s been a joy to see the community continue to grow while bonding with family and friends over a common love of the Pokémon TCG,” said Barry Sams, vice president of the Pokémon Trading Card Game at The Pokémon Company International. “We look forward to commemorating this milestone with a new collection of products that Trainers of all types and ages will enjoy as they celebrate 25 years of Pokémon.”
Each Celebrations booster pack will contain four uniquely designed cards—all with foil treatments and a 25th anniversary logo—that feature characters from all regions of the Pokémon universe, from Pikachu to Zamazenta plus familiar faces like Professor Oak. In addition, Celebrations will introduce a special subset of 25 cards that are close remakes of iconic cards from the history of the Pokémon TCG, including Base Set Charizard, Umbreon ☆, and Tapu Lele-GX.
The full Celebrations lineup will include the following, with many of these products including promo cards that combine recently-discovered Pokémon with popular forms from previous Pokémon TCG sets, such as Light Pokémon, Delta Species (δ) Pokémon, and Pokémon Star.
- Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Collection—Dragapult Prime (available on Oct. 8, 2021)
- Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Collections—Lance’s Charizard V and Dark Sylveon V (available on Oct. 8, 2021)
- Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Deluxe Pin Collection (available on Oct. 8, 2021)
- Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Elite Trainer Box (available on Oct. 8, 2021)
- Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Mini Tins (available on Oct. 8, 2021)
- Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Special Collection—Pikachu V-UNION (available on Oct. 8, 2021)
- Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Premium Figure Collection—Pikachu VMAX (available on Oct. 22, 2021)
- Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Ultra-Premium Collection (available on Oct. 22, 2021)
- Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Collector Chest (available in October 2021)
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing and marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world. For more information, visit www.pokemon.com.