Bellevue, Wash. — Nov. 1, 2023 — For the 23rd consecutive year, The Pokémon Company International will kick off the holidays with its return to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade® on Thursday, Nov. 23, in New York City. Fans will be able to watch Pikachu and Eevee soar through Manhattan on a Poké Ball-inspired sled as it moves along the Parade route before arriving at Macy’s Herald Square.
“Pokémon has delighted fans as part of the annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade for over 20 years, and we’re honored to be back again in 2023, kicking off the holiday festivities at New York City’s most quintessential event of the season,” said Taito Okiura, vice president of marketing at The Pokémon Company International. “Parade-goers and viewers at home can look forward to ushering in the holiday season with Pokémon as Pikachu and Eevee float along the backdrop of Manhattan’s autumnal skies.”
This holiday season, Pokémon fans can enjoy a variety of experiences across the entertainment franchise from new video game adventures to the latest Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG) products and more, including:
- Discover the land of Kitakami, the new setting in The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero Part 1: The Teal Mask DLC for the Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet video games.
- Explore all original 151 Pokémon from the Kanto region newly reimagined in Paldea with Pokémon TCG: Scarlet & Violet—151, the latest expansion to top this season’s hot holiday toy lists.
- Learn how to play the Pokémon TCG with fast and fun decks and simplified rules designed for beginners in Pokémon TCG: My First Battle.
- Send off Ash and Pikachu in the final chapter of their adventures by tuning in to “Pokémon: To Be a Pokémon Master” — a collection of special episodes to conclude “Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series” — ahead of the new Pokémon animated series “Pokémon Horizons: The Series,” coming soon around the world.
- Gift loved ones a selection of all-new holiday merchandise from Pokémon Center — spanning apparel and accessories, home decor, kitchenware and plush — the premier online destination for official Pokémon merchandise in the U.S., Canada and the U.K.
The 97th Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade will air nationwide in the U.S. on NBC and stream on Peacock on Thursday, Nov. 23, 2023. Check local listings for details. For more information, visit macys.com/parade. To follow and participate in the excitement, check out @macys on various social platforms and follow #MacysParade.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world. For more information, please visit www.pokemon.com.
About Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is a national icon that has grown into a world-famous holiday event. For nearly 100 years, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade has marked the official start of the holiday season. Growing in size and scale, the Parade features Macy’s signature giant character balloons, fabulous floats, incredible marching bands, celebrities, clowns, dance and performance groups, and the one and only Santa Claus, spreading holiday cheer. For more information on the Macy’s Parade, please visit www.macys.com/parade.