June 16, 2023 — The Pokémon Company International is inviting Trainers to explore the original 151 Pokémon in the new “151 to 151” social media campaign featuring iconic Pokémon from the Kanto region, including Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Snorlax, Mew and more. The 151 to 151 campaign kicks off today with the unveiling of a new special expansion for the bestselling Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG), Scarlet & Violet—151, releasing worldwide beginning Sept. 22, 2023.
Pokémon TCG: Scarlet & Violet—151 Expansion Coming Soon
As a first for the Pokémon TCG, Scarlet & Violet—151 will feature all original 151 Pokémon from the Kanto region, newly reimagined in Paldea, allowing Trainers a chance to collect and battle with some of the brand’s most iconic Pokémon through the lens of the Scarlet & Violet Series. The expansion features cards in Pokédex order and includes a variety of illustration rare and special illustration rare alternate art to showcase a new side of these Pokémon.
Noteworthy cards from the expansion include:
- 12 Pokémon ex
- 16 illustration rare and seven special illustration rare Pokémon and Supporter cards
- 16 ultra rare full-art etched Pokémon and Supporter cards
- Three hyper rare gold etched cards
Cards from Scarlet & Violet—151 will be available in the following products:
- Scarlet & Violet—151 Pokémon Center Elite Trainer Box (now available for preorder at Pokémon Center in the U.S., Canada and the U.K.): Includes 11 Scarlet & Violet—151 booster packs; two copies of a Snorlax illustration rare-style promo card, with one featuring the Pokémon Center logo; and various gameplay accessories
- Scarlet & Violet—151 Elite Trainer Box (available Sept. 22, 2023): Includes nine Scarlet & Violet—151 booster packs, one Snorlax illustration rare-style promo card and various gameplay accessories
- Scarlet & Violet—151 Poster Collection (available Sept. 22, 2023): Includes three Scarlet & Violet—151 booster packs, three promo cards featuring Kanto first partner Pokémon and one full-size, two-sided poster featuring the original 151 Pokémon as well as the card illustrations of each Pokémon in the expansion
- Scarlet & Violet—151 Binder Collection (available Sept. 22, 2023): Includes four Scarlet & Violet—151 booster packs and one nine-pocket album that holds up to 360 Pokémon TCG cards
- Scarlet & Violet—151 Booster Bundle (available Sept. 22, 2023): Includes six Scarlet & Violet—151 booster packs
- Scarlet & Violet—151 Ultra-Premium Collection (available Oct. 6, 2023): Includes 16 Scarlet & Violet—151 booster packs, one metal card featuring hyper rare Mew ex, one special illustration rare promo card featuring Mew ex, one illustration rare promo card featuring Mewtwo, one stitched-edge playmat featuring Mew, one deck box, one coin featuring Mew and various gameplay accessories
- Scarlet & Violet—151 ex Box—Alakazam ex (available Oct. 6, 2023): Includes four Scarlet & Violet—151 booster packs, one double rare card featuring Alakazam ex and two foil promo cards featuring Kadabra and Abra
- Scarlet & Violet—151 ex Box—Zapdos ex (available Oct. 6, 2023): Includes four Scarlet & Violet—151 booster packs, one double rare card featuring Zapdos ex, one foil promo card featuring Electabuzz and one oversize card featuring Zapdos ex
- Scarlet & Violet—151 Mini Tin Collection (available Oct. 6, 2023): Includes two Scarlet & Violet—151 booster packs, one coin sporting one of 10 unique styles featuring the various Energy type symbols in the Pokémon TCG and one art card matching the tin
Ahead of the release of the tabletop version, Trainers will be able to play with Scarlet & Violet—151 digitally via the Pokémon TCG Live app for iOS, Android, macOS and Windows devices on Sept. 21, 2023. The expansion will be available in the in-game shop, where players can redeem Crystals, earned by completing daily quests, for various Scarlet & Violet—151 products.
In further celebration of the Scarlet & Violet—151 expansion, Trainers will receive a special Charmander promo card from GameStop in the U.S. and Canada, as well as EB Games in Australia and New Zealand; or a Bulbasaur promo card from Best Buy in the U.S., with any Scarlet & Violet—151 purchase while supplies last.
To join the celebration of the return of the original 151 Pokémon, Trainers can follow @Pokemon and @PokemonTCG and use #Pokemon151 on social media. For more information about the Pokémon TCG, please visit Pokemon.com/TCG.